About the Grant
The WHNPA Project Grant was reestablished this year to allow a member to pursue an in-depth undertaking of their own that may otherwise be impossible without financial assistance.
The WHNPA Project Grant is open to all WHNPA members in good-standing.
A complete application package is required and consists of the following elements:
1. The application form found below.
2. A visual journalism portfolio
- Electronic Macintosh format or URL of online portfolio is preferred. If you upload your portfolio, please add your initials as a prefix to all files you upload.
3. Professional resume consisting of:
- Professional background & work history
- Professional awards & honors
- Three (3) professional references
4. A Project Proposal:
- Project Summary
- Project Description (must include summary of research on project and how project will be executed)
- Proposed budget
- Explanation of project’s significance
- Final destination of project (publication, book, gallery exhibition, web, etc.)
5. If the project is a collaboration, a list of all team members, their portfolio, and their resume
The following will also be required of the grant recipient:
- Provide receipts for all project-related expenses
- Credit WHNPA for project funding assistance
- Provide a selection of images to be used for promotion of WHNPA and the project grant program.
All images will remain the property of the photographer.
Submit all completed applications by email to the Project Grant Chair, Pablo Martinez Monsivais, [email protected] Completed applications are due on or before noon on April 1, 2019. Late and/or incomplete applications will not receive consideration!